Social & Cultural Activities Unit
The Social & Cultural Activities Unit at the Dean of Students Office cooperates with the Technion Student Association (ASAT) and Technion International (designated support office for all international students) in organizing activities promoting a healthy, balanced and diverse lifestyle in the form of lectures, fitness classes, club meetings, and special events. Activities are designed to increase social interaction on campus, between faculties and student-faculty, and are aimed at expanding horizons and delivering added value beyond the entertainment value.
Our activities are guided by the following principles:
- Creating a sense of belonging and a welcoming environment for all students, particularly first year students (Social Leaders).
- Promoting community involvement on-campus shared by students, faculty and staff through campus wide projects and activities (including communal gardens, trips-competitions, and more).
- Encouraging experiences and opportunities for intellectual growth, cultural and self-awareness, as well as social responsibility, through fitness classes and music center, lectures, performances and IQ club meetings, including the campus science fiction club and improvisation club.
Activities are held at a variety of locations on campus including:
- The Canada Recreation Center and Music Center at the Canada Dorms
- Technion Societies Center & Jester Center at the Rifkin Dormitories
- Heller Center and Israel National Trail Club Office at the New East Dorms (Mizrach Hadash)
For more information or suggestions, please write to us at email@example.com